Basic mountaineering course to introduce leisure activities to the novice mountaineer, along with the basic rudiments and skills of the activity, the course shall stress key concept in fitness and safety.
- To develop the participants appreciation for nature and awareness of sound conservation practices through practical experiences.
- To develop desirable qualities of character such as resourcefulness and creativity that can be drawn out of trying situations brought about by the outdoor experience.
- To develop physiological fitness through progressive exercise.
- To provide a venue for individual satisfaction and enjoyment through different outdoor pursuits. Basic Mountaineering Course outline will be discussed by one of the accredited BMC instructors in the Philippines, Mr. Eric A. Bontuyan.
02. Planning and Preparation
03. Backpacking / Mountaineering Equipment
04. Weatherproofing and Pack Loading
06. Camp Management and Camp Site Selection
07. Water Management / Water Discipline
09. Knot Tying
10. Land Navigation
11. Basic FirstAid
12. Environmental Lecture
13. Sensitivity to Local Communities and Fellow Mountaineers
February 1-2, 2014
Snapshots of some activities:
What I love being around with these people.
Nature it is!
for more pictures, visit our official photos at: ROTA Philippines Inc.
Thank you ROTA Pilipinas for hosting this event. I have learned a lot. I am now officially a graduate of Basic Mountaineering Course (BMC) and Leave No Trace (LNT). Bravo!