Today is our scheduled once a month get together with my fellow young adults at church (Love and Praise Fellowship). It is supposed to be a lunch date only but turned out to be a road trip full of fun, laughter, and foods! I am blessed to have this people.
The driver (Rahnford), the guide (Kiking), and the other driver (Dondon).
Since the plan was to have a lunch date, we decided to go to Barkadahan Grill at Divisoria, since it have a meal with unlimited rice! A great choice for rice eaters like us. Lol 😀
The young adults (Jepong, Kiking, Josua, Paolo, Jan2x, Me, Brenda, Don2x, PJ, and Teddy)
Enjoyed a full meal and was able to discussed our ministry plans for this year. Hoping all will be implemented. After the meeting, the unexpected turn of events took place. Decided to just explore wherever someone would suggest a place since we borrowed the church vehicle (Kia L300).
First destination: Life Style (a new hang-out to chill during the night, live acoustic night, foods, and drinks)
I am so sleepy now. I will rest, I will continue to edit this tomorrow…
Basic mountaineering course to introduce leisure activities to the novice mountaineer, along with the basic rudiments and skills of the activity, the course shall stress key concept in fitness and safety.
- To develop the participants appreciation for nature and awareness of sound conservation practices through practical experiences.
- To develop desirable qualities of character such as resourcefulness and creativity that can be drawn out of trying situations brought about by the outdoor experience.
- To develop physiological fitness through progressive exercise.
- To provide a venue for individual satisfaction and enjoyment through different outdoor pursuits. Basic Mountaineering Course outline will be discussed by one of the accredited BMC instructors in the Philippines, Mr. Eric A. Bontuyan.
02. Planning and Preparation
03. Backpacking / Mountaineering Equipment
04. Weatherproofing and Pack Loading
06. Camp Management and Camp Site Selection
07. Water Management / Water Discipline
09. Knot Tying
10. Land Navigation
11. Basic FirstAid
12. Environmental Lecture
13. Sensitivity to Local Communities and Fellow Mountaineers
ROTA Philippines Inc.
Ultra Winds Resort, Baongon, Bukidnon, Philippines.
February 1-2, 2014
My Event ID
Ultra Winds Resort overlooking view.
Our campsite. Various groups of mountaineers of Cagayan de Oro participated in the Basic Mountaineering Course.
Mr. Eric Bontuyan, our certified BMC Instructor.
Snapshots of some activities:
Using the compass and map reading.
What I love being around with these people.
Nature it is!
Overlooking view at night.
KAPAIT Team (Katkat Aron Pagakab-oton Ang Imong Tinguha) Combined Powers of KAYA, PAPA, and IITM group of mouintaineers.
All of us! with ROTA, LASPAG, KAYA, PAPA, IITM, and ATTACK group of mountaineers.
Graduated at last!
for more pictures, visit our official photos at: ROTA Philippines Inc.
Thank you ROTA Pilipinas for hosting this event. I have learned a lot. I am now officially a graduate of Basic Mountaineering Course (BMC) and Leave No Trace (LNT). Bravo!